|Head of Big Head Fish||1 whole (about 600g)|
|Deep fried Bean Curd Stick||about 250g|
|Welsh onion||1 sprig|
|－Seasoning for Fish head－|
|Light Soy Sauce||1tbsp|
|Egg white||1 piece|
|Plain Flour||1/2 cup|
|－For deep fry the Fish head－|
|－For braising the mushroom－|
1. Head of Big Head Fish, 1 whole (about 600g). Cut Fish Head into pieces. Rinse the Fish Head. Then, drain.
2. Rinse the Chinese mushroom (30gram). Cut off the stems and soak it to soft.
3. Deep fried Bean Curd Stick : about 250g. Break Deep fried Bean Curd Stick into sections. Soak it to soft
4. squeeze out the oil from the softed Bean Curd stick. Then, change the water. Squeeze out the oil again.
5. add 1 tbsp of rice vinegar into water. Then, bring water to boil. Add the Bean Curd Stick and cook for 2 minutes.
After 2 mins, rinse it, squeeze out the water and sour taste
(QN: why add vinegar?)
(Ans: Vinegar is very effective in removing oil)
(If the Vinegar is not squeezed out after this process, it may cause sour. Sometimes, this is the reason for why sour taste from Dim Sum)
6. Welsh onion : 1 sprig. Remove the outer layer. Remove both ends.
Cut Welsh onion into sections
7. Seasoning for Fish Head : 1 tbsp of Light Soy Sauce, 1tbsp of Rice Wine, 1 piece of Egg White, mix it well.
Then, add half cup of Plain Flour, mix it well
8. heat the oil until you see the bubbles coming out from Chopstick. Then,
deep fry the Fish head until the color is changed to brown. Dish it up and set aside
9. heat 1 tbsp of oil and about 10 slices of Ginger over medium heat. Then, add and saute the Welsh Onion.
After 1 minute, dish it up and set aside
10. add the softed mushroom and 6 cups of water into a pot. Bring it to boil.
Then, add the Bean Curd Stick, the sauted Ginger and half of Welsh Onion.
Bring it to boil. Then, braise it over medium heat for 30 mins.
11. add the Fish Head and the Braised stuff. Bring it to boil over high heat. Then, add 1 tsp of Salt and 1/2 tsp of Sugar.
Cover it and cook for 5 mins. Then, add the Welsh Onion. Dish it up and serve!