|Dace Fish||2 Whole|
|Dried Winter Melon||150g|
|Dried Shrimps||30 g|
|Spring Onion (Chopped)||2 sprigs|
|Water Chestnut (Chopped)||2 pcs|
|Salt||1/2 tsp (for fish paste), 1tsp (for stewing dried winter melon)|
|Water||2 tbsp (For minced Fish)|
|Chicken Stock||250 ml|
|Light Soy Sauce||1 tsp|
|Oil||for deep fry|
1. Rinse and Soak the “Dried Winter Melon (150g)” to soft
2. Make a cut between Dace Fish skin and meat. Then separate the skin and meat.
3. De-bone. (Fillet of 2 Dace Fish are required for 1 stuffed Fish)
4. Wash and soak dried shrimps. Dice the Fillet.
5. Mix diced fillet and dried shrimps. Chop for about 10mins. Chop 2 sprigs of Spring Onion.
6. Peeled, Rinse and Chop the Water Chestnut (2 pcs)
7. Add “Water Chestnut”, “chopped spring onion”,”Salt (1/2 tsp)”, “white pepper (pinch)” and “water 2tbsp” to the minced dace. Stir in one direction until sticky.
9. Apply some corn starch on inner side of skin for sticking the fish paste. Then, stuff up the fish skin.
10. Heat the oil and deep fry the fish on medium heat. Deep fry until golden brown. Dish it up for next step.
11. Drain the Soaked “Dried winter melon”. Cook it with chicken stock (250ml), Salt (1 tsp), Light soy sauce (1 tsp) , on slow heat for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes, add the deep fried fish and cook for 15 minutes more.
12. Dish it up and serve it hot!