7. Ginger 100g，peel and slice it. Put Ginger into boiling water and cook for 10 mins
after 10 mins, dish it up and set aside
8. Mutton : 1.8kg, put it into boiling water for 2 mins (for removing the frozen taste)
after 2 mins, rinse the Mutton. dish it up and drain after rinse
(Skip this step if this is fresh Mutton)
9. heat 6 tbsp of Oil over high heat, add Ginger. Add Green Garlic.
add Preserved Bean curd, saute it
10. add the Mutton, mix it. Add Water Chestnut, Dried Tangerine peel, Rock Sugar.
add 1 tsp of Rice Wine, mix it.
11. put Sugarcane and Tsaoko amomum to the pot. Then, transfer the sauted ingredients to the pot
12. Add some water to wok, mix it with the sauce attached to wok. Then pour this to the pot.
add water until it cover the ingredients
bring water to boil over high heat. Then, simmer for 1 hour over slow heat. After 1 hour, try the mutton.if the mutton is not soft enough, simmer for half hour more and try it again. repeat this step until it soft
13. add 1/2 tsp of Salt when the Mutton almost soft enough.
(Finally, 2.5 hours is needed for this Mutton)
。。cooking time depend on a variety of Mutton，longer time is needed if this is an old goat。。
。。if this is an old Goat，over 2 hours is needed. If this is a young goat，1.5 hour is enough。。
。。Many Chinese restaurant would like to add “Soya Stick” in this dish. Soya Stick will absorb most of the taste and fat from mutton sauce and become very tasty. But the side effect is degrading the mutton taste. That is why no “Soya Stick” in this recipe。。