|Live Fish (Areolate grouper is used in this video)|| One Whole, about 600g
|Pork Collar meat|| 150g
|Chinese mushroom|| 30g
|Preserved Turnip|| 20g
|Ginger (cut it into long strips)|| few slices
|Spring Onion|| 4 sprigs
| Seasoning-for Pork
|Sugar|| 1/2 tsp
|Corn Starch||1/2 tsp|
|Light Soy Sauce||1.5 tbsp|
1. Live Fish (Areolate grouper is used in this video) , One Whole, about 600g. Remove the Scale if any (Ask for cleaning when buying the fish)
Rinse the fish, wipe it to dry, set it aside for next step
2. Rinse the Chinese mushroom (30gram). Cut off the stems and soak it to soft.
3. Preserved Turnip (20 gram), rinse it and cut it into fine strips
4. Pork Collar meat 150g, Cut it into strips
5. prepare some Ginger Strips by few sliced Ginger.
6. add 1 tbsp of Oil, 1/2 tsp of Sugar, 1/2 tsp of Corn Starch and 1.5 tbsp of Light Soy Sauce, mix it with pork well.
Then, add Shredded Mushroom and preserved Turnip, mix it.
7. place some Spring Onion onto Plate (prevent fish skin stick to plate). Place the fish onto the Spring Onion.
put some Ginger Strips to the core and outside of the fish.
8. place the Pork, Mushroom and Preserved Turnip onto the Fish
9. bring water to boil, steam the Fish over high heat for 12 mins
after 12 mins, insert a chopstick into fish. The fish is done if it can go through easily.
(otherwise, Steam it for 1 minute more, test it again)
10. discard the chopped spring onion and Coriander on top of fish. Done!
|Flesh Fish (Garoupa)||1 whole (about 600 g)|
|Spring Onion||3 sprigs|
|Light Soy Sauce||2 tbsp|
1. Chop 1 sprigs of Spring Onion and Coriander.
2.Wash the fish, remove the fish blood. Then, drain.
3. Lay 2 sprigs of Spring onion on the dish. Then lay the Fish on top of spring onion.
4. Bring a wok of water to boil. Then, steam the fish over high heat for 15 minutes (Depend on thickness of fish).
5. After 15 minutes, pour out the Fish sauce. Then, discard the spring onion and Coriander on top of fish.
6. Mix 2 tbsp of Soy sauce, 1 tbsp of water and 1/2 tsp of Sugar. Heat 2 tbsp of oil. Add the mixed sauce to fry-pan. Then, pour the sauce onto the fish.