|Ingredients for 1600g Radish Cake.
|(Size of Aluminium foil plate)|| Diameter 9″ x height 3″
| Rice flour :
|Dried Shrimps (Soaked) :
|Chinese Sausage (Chopped) :
| Preserved pork belly : (chopped) :
|Spring Onion (chopped) :
|Coriander (with roots cut off, chopped) :
| Dried Scallop :
|Preserved Turnip (Chopped) :
20g (replace by 1/2 tsp of Salt if you could not find it)
|Minced ginger :
| Seasoning :
| White Pepper :
| Sugar :
|| 1 tsp
| Chicken bouillon powder :
|| 1 tsp
|| 1/2 tsp
1. Rinse dried shrimps (20g) and soak it to soft. Rinse and soak dried Scallop (20g)
2. Wash Preserved pork belly (40g) and Chinese Sausage (1piece)
3. Steam Preserved pork belly,Chinese Sausage and dried Scallop for 15 mins
4. Drain water from the shrimps and mix shrimp water with scallop water. Divide the dried scallop into small pieces
5. mix the sauce of Preserved pork belly and Chinese Sausage with scallop water
6. add White Pepper (Pinch), Sugar (1 tsp), Chicken bouillon powder (1 tsp), Salt (1/2 tsp). Mix it well.
7. Cut the Chinese Sausage and Preserved pork belly into small pieces
8. Prepare 1 tbsp of minced Ginger. Chop Spring Onion and Coriander (1 sprig each)
9. Chop Preserved Turnip (20g)
10. Peel and shred 1800g of Radish finely
11. Heat 1 tbsp of oil over slow heat. Saute Preserved pork belly, Chinese Sausage, dried shrimps and Preserved Turnip. After half minute, dish it up and set aside.
12. Heat 1 tbsp of oil over high heat. Saute the minced Ginger. Add and stir-fry Radish.
Add Scallop with mixed juice, stir-fry and mix it well. Then, cover it and cook for 5 mins.
13. after 5 mins, dish it up. Separate Radish and Radish juice.
14. Add 1.5 cups of Radish juice to radish ( Add water if not enough).
15. Let it cool down to around 50 °C
16. Add rice flour (300g). Mix it well.
17. add Preserved pork belly, Chinese Sausage, dried shrimps and Preserved Turnip. Mix all ingredients well.
18. Pour in mixture and smooth top
19. Bring water to boil. Steam the Radish Cake for an hour over high heat.
(Tips : Do not always open the lid during streaming, but remember to refill water during steaming)
20. after 1 hour, discard the spring onion and Coriander. Let it cool down and store it in refrigerator
21. Slice and pan fry Radish cake. Heat oil over medium heat. Pan-fry the Radish cake
|| 1 piece (about 1kg)
| For Fish Cake
| Dace fillet :
| Dried Shrimps (Soaked) :
| Spring Onion (Chopped) :
| Salt :
| White pepper :
| Water :
|| 2 tbsp
| Oil :
| For Stir-fry
|Garlic (peel and pounded):
| Dark Soy Sauce
| Spring Onion
2. Mix diced fillet and dried shrimps. And chop for about 10mins.
3. Add “chopped spring onion”,”Salt”, “white pepper” and “water 2tbsp” to the minced dace. Stir in one direction until sticky.
(Video shows how to make minced fish paste)
4.Chill in fridge for 1 hour.
5. Heat 4 tbsp of oil. Fry the fish cake until the color is changed to golden brown. Dish it up and set aside.
6.Peel Radish, Cut Radish and Fish cake into large strip. And cut Spring onion like the picture shown.
7. Heat 2tbsp of oil with pounded ginger and garlic. Stir-fry stripped Radish and Fish for about 1 minute. Then, add 2 cups of water and 1/2 tsp of Sugar. Cover by lib for about 5 minutes. Add 1/2 tsp of Salt and 1/2 tbsp of Dark Soy Sauce. Add Spring onion and cover by lid again until the Radish soft.