Chinese Recipe : Stir-fry Swiss Chard (Pig’s Vegetable, a common name in Chinese)
|Water Chestnut|| about 7 pcs
|Salted & Dried Radish|| 50g
|Pork(Pork Jowl is used here)|| 300g
|Garlic|| 1 clove
|Bell Pepper|| 2pcs
1. Water Chestnut : about 7 pcs, peel and rinse. Dice the Water Chestnut
2. Salted & Dried Radish : 50g，dice it
3. Pork(Pork Jowl is used here)，about 300g, remove the fat
Dice the pork
4. Pound a Garlic
5. Celery：about 200g，Tear old veins off the celery, cut it into lengths.
6. Bell Pepper：2pcs. Rinse, remove the core, cut it into pieces
Onion 1/2 piece, cut it into pieces
7. Cashew：150g, heat the oil. deep fry the Cashew
deep fry the Cashew until the color is changed to light brown, dish it up and set aside. Cool down the Cashews. They will become crispy.
8. Shrimp (150g), remove the head, shell and intestine.
9. Soak the Shrimp in water with 1 tsp of Salt for 5 mins
(for making the shrimp more crispy)
10. after 5 mins, wash the Shrimp. Then, drain and set it aside.
11. heat the oil over medium heat, saute the Onion, after half minute, add the Bell Pepper, mix it.
add 1/2 tsp of Salt. Mix it. add 1/3 cup of Water during stir-frying. Then, dish it up and set aside
12. heat 2 tbsp of Oil, Saute the Garlic, add the Pork,
after the pork colour is changed, add the Shrimp. after half minute,add Celery, mix it
13. add 1/2 tsp of Salt, mix it. Add Water Chestnut , Salted and dried Raddish.
after half minute, add 1 tbsp of water, add 1/2 tsp of Sugar, mix it
14. add the Bell Pepper, remove the Bell Pepper sauce (this sauce is quite salty), add the Cashew
mix it well, Serve!
|Ingredients for 1600g Radish Cake.
|(Size of Aluminium foil plate)|| Diameter 9″ x height 3″
| Rice flour :
|Dried Shrimps (Soaked) :
|Chinese Sausage (Chopped) :
| Preserved pork belly : (chopped) :
|Spring Onion (chopped) :
|Coriander (with roots cut off, chopped) :
| Dried Scallop :
|Preserved Turnip (Chopped) :
20g (replace by 1/2 tsp of Salt if you could not find it)
|Minced ginger :
| Seasoning :
| White Pepper :
| Sugar :
|| 1 tsp
| Chicken bouillon powder :
|| 1 tsp
|| 1/2 tsp
1. Rinse dried shrimps (20g) and soak it to soft. Rinse and soak dried Scallop (20g)
2. Wash Preserved pork belly (40g) and Chinese Sausage (1piece)
3. Steam Preserved pork belly,Chinese Sausage and dried Scallop for 15 mins
4. Drain water from the shrimps and mix shrimp water with scallop water. Divide the dried scallop into small pieces
5. mix the sauce of Preserved pork belly and Chinese Sausage with scallop water
6. add White Pepper (Pinch), Sugar (1 tsp), Chicken bouillon powder (1 tsp), Salt (1/2 tsp). Mix it well.
7. Cut the Chinese Sausage and Preserved pork belly into small pieces
8. Prepare 1 tbsp of minced Ginger. Chop Spring Onion and Coriander (1 sprig each)
9. Chop Preserved Turnip (20g)
10. Peel and shred 1800g of Radish finely
11. Heat 1 tbsp of oil over slow heat. Saute Preserved pork belly, Chinese Sausage, dried shrimps and Preserved Turnip. After half minute, dish it up and set aside.
12. Heat 1 tbsp of oil over high heat. Saute the minced Ginger. Add and stir-fry Radish.
Add Scallop with mixed juice, stir-fry and mix it well. Then, cover it and cook for 5 mins.
13. after 5 mins, dish it up. Separate Radish and Radish juice.
14. Add 1.5 cups of Radish juice to radish ( Add water if not enough).
15. Let it cool down to around 50 °C
16. Add rice flour (300g). Mix it well.
17. add Preserved pork belly, Chinese Sausage, dried shrimps and Preserved Turnip. Mix all ingredients well.
18. Pour in mixture and smooth top
19. Bring water to boil. Steam the Radish Cake for an hour over high heat.
(Tips : Do not always open the lid during streaming, but remember to refill water during steaming)
20. after 1 hour, discard the spring onion and Coriander. Let it cool down and store it in refrigerator
21. Slice and pan fry Radish cake. Heat oil over medium heat. Pan-fry the Radish cake