|Chicken||1 whole (about 1.9kg)|
|Turmeric Powder||3 tbsp|
|curry powder||1 tbsp|
|Evaporated Milk||about 400g|
|Coconut Milk||about 300ml|
1.Potato：900g，peel and cut it into pieces
Then, soak it in water for a while, prevent the surface colour turn black.
Set it aside for later use
2.Carrot (about 400 g)，peel and cut it into pieces
3. Chicken : 1 Whole. Remove Chicken skin (if keep the skin, very oily sauce finally).
rinse it. Then, cut it into pieces.
this is kidney and liver , remove the attached fat
4.prepare few slices of Ginger
5. Celery：about 200g，Tear old veins off the celery. cut it into lengths.
cut Onion into pieces
6. Prepare 3 tbsp of Turmeric Powder. 1 tbsp of curry powder
7. heat 2 tbsp of oil. stir-fry Celery, Onion and Ginger. after 1 minute, add Turmeric Powder and Curry Powder. Mix it.
Add Chicken, mix it. after half minute, add 1/2 cup of water, mix it
8. add 2 tsp of Sugar, mix it. Add Carrot.
add 1/2 cup of water, mix it. after half minute, add 1 tsp of Salt
9. transfer all ingredients to a pot for braising.
don’t waste the sauce in wok, let the sauce stained on potato, then, transfer it to pot
add 3 cups of water. Bring water to boil over high heat. Then, turn the heat to slow. Braise it for half hour
10. after half hour, add Evaporated Milk (about 400g). add Coconut Milk (about 300ml).
mix it well, then cover it and bring it to boil.
Then, taste it, add more salt if necessary (1/2 tsp of salt is added here)
11. cover it, keep it boiling for 5 mins more over slow heat. Serve!
…(some sauce will be absorbed after the heat turn off)..
|Pig’s Tongue :||4 pcs|
|Ginger juice :||2 tbsp|
|Rice Wine :||1 tsp|
|Chicken bouillon powder :||1.5 tsp|
|Light Soy Sauce :||6 tbsp|
|Fish sauce :||2 tbsp|
|Sugar :||2 tsp|
|Water :||for Stewing|
1. Pig’s Tongue : 4pcs, remove the fat
Remove the Bone
Cut here for next cleaning process
2.Remove the teeth
3. Add water and Pig’s Tongue, bring water to boil. Blanch the tongue with boiling water for 10mins
After 10 mins, transfer the Pig’s Tongue to cold water
4. Scratch the White Layer off. Clean the groove
5. Add Pig’s Tongue, Ginger juice (2tbsp), Rice Wine (1 tsp), Light Soy Sauce (6 tbsp), Fish Sauce (2 tbsp), Sugar (2 tsp), Chicken bouillon powder (3 tsp) to the pot. Add water to just cover the Pig’s Tongue
6. Bring water to boil over high heat. Then, simmer for 30 mins.
7. after 30 mins, cut it into pieces and serve!
|Slab sugar or Brown Sugar||70g|
1. Submerge the Red Bean in water over night / over 4 hours. Then, Boil the red bean on slow heat until the bean soft. Dish it up for next step
2. Mix the Rice Flour,Wheat Starch and Corn Flour. Then all 120ml of water. whisk until smooth without lumps
3. Melt the sugar with 180ml water
4. Set up the bowls for steaming. Then, bring water to boil.
5. Stir the mixture, then, Pour the sugar water into flour mixture. Mix the mixture well. Transfer the mixture into a jug.
6. Pour the mixture into bowls and add red beans. Then, Steam over high heat for 20 minutes
(TIPS!! How to let Red Beans float on surface ?
Answer: Boil the Red Beans in boiling water for a minute before adding to mixture. )
7. After 20 minutes, let the pudding cool down before serving.
|Choy Sum :
|Pork Collar meat (sliced) :
|Salt (for soaking the Prawns,make it crispy) :
|Marinade -For Pork|
|Potato Starch :
|Seasoning (A)- Choy Sum
|Hot Water :
|Seasoning (B)- Prawns and Pork Slices|
|Garlic (pounded) :
|Light Soy Sauce :
|Hot Water :
1.Shell the prawns, make slits at the back and remove intestine
2. Soaked in water with 1/2 tsp salt for 1 min. Rinse well and pat to dry
3. Mix Marinade with sliced Pork.
4. Heat 2tbsp of oil in wok. Saute the ginger and salt 1/2 tsp. Add Choy Sum and stir-fry for a while. Then, add 1/2 cup water and cover it until the Choy Sum is done. Dish up and set aside.
5. Heat 2tbsp of oil in wok. Saute the garlic. Then stir-fry pork until color is changed.
6. Add prawns and stir-fry the ingredients for a while. Add some water and soy sauce (1tbsp). Mix them until the prawns are done. Then put it on top of Choy Sum.
7.Dish it up
|–Pork Belly with Skin :||1.3-1.5kg|
|(Tips: Choose thinner Pork Belly, otherwise,need to take longer time to absorb the favour. And need to use longer time and slower fire for meat side)|
|-Coarse Salt :||2tbsp|
|(Tips: Coarse Salt is used to remove water from pork skin, keep oil and even temperature for more crackly skin. And Coarse Salt is not salty as table salt.)|
|–Mei Kuei Lu Chiew||1tsp|
|-Chinese Ginger Power
|-Five Spice Power
-Garlic, Slightly Crushed
| –Soya Bean Paste , Ground